At CCDS there are all kinds of ways to support your student and our school, and we value participation from our CCDS parents. We know that each of you have different strengths and skills to offer, and want to plug you into an area that you will enjoy. You can be involved in your child’s education and the CCDS community benefits, too - it’s a win-win! Click on the links below to learn more:
Parent/Teacher Partnership (PTP)
The PTP is our parent organization that formed as a conduit for assisting teachers and administration in the organization of our parent force for the overall good of our school community. The parent community elects PTP officers once a year, and this leadership group facilitates community activities, such as Harvest Fair, New Parent Welcome, 100th Day of School Celebration, and family nights at various local restaurants, among many others. PTP plays an important role in facilitating a healthy and happy school community!
Officers for the 2021-2022 School Year are:
- President: Tanya Parrish
- Vice President: Kelli Kurth
- Secretary: Rachelle Lacque
- Treasurer: Vanna Steveson
- Information Officer - Sarah Cariss
- Committee Outreach Coordinator - Sheri Espinoza
- Committee Officer -
- School Representative: Claudia Trout
GENERAL PTP MEETINGS
PTP is hosting five General PTP Meetings this year for parents to discuss various topics, such as curriculum, fundraisers, or any issues that have arisen that parents would like addressed. Often the Principal speaks on a topic or a teacher or class visits to discuss what is going on in the classroom. Our 2021-2022 schedule is as follows:
- September 29 General Meeting at 6 pm (childcare provided)
- October 27 General Meeting at 6 pm (childcare provided)
- January 26 General Meeting at 8:45 am (in the gym) OR 6 pm (childcare provided)
- March 30 General Meeting at 8:45 am (in the gym) OR 6 pm (childcare provided)
- May 25 General Meeting and open board position elections at 6 pm (childcare provided)
All 6 pm meetings will be held in the Middle School common area.
Click here to join the PTP Facebook page!
Click here to join the PTP Free Source Page. This is a group for our CCDS community to pool resources to support our school. It is called Free-Source because all things offered are to be for the benefit of the school at no charge. If you are a teacher/staff member, please post anything you might need for your class or kiddos and see if someone here has what you might need! If you are a parent or community member, or if you have something to offer our school community, please post it! It can be anything from left over yarn, to your technology or grant writing skills, or even your contact at NASA who would be willing to Zoom with the kids. We sometimes don't know what we might need until it's offered!
Volunteering at CCDS is an excellent way to be involved in the education of your child in a way that also benefits the operation of the school. Volunteers can do a range of work from preparing homework packets to driving on field trips to running stations in the primary grades. Below you will find our volunteer requirements and directions for receiving all volunteer forms.
Please note, at this time CCDS is not allowing parent volunteers on campus for the 2021-22 school year. This will be changing - we are looking forward to welcoming parents back onto our campus! This webpage will be updated soon with links to all volunteer forms.
Working in the Classroom or On Campus
What do I need to work on campus or in the classroom?
- A signed Affidavit Confirming No Criminal Record, which certifies that you have not been charged with or convicted of a violent or serious felony crime as defined in CA ED. Code 45222.1
- A signed Statement of Confidentiality
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- A negative test for tuberculosis within the past 4 years. Certificate must be on file in the school office. If you need to have a skin test completed, we recommend Paramex Screening Services - please visit their website for more information. A TB Test must be renewed every four years. Individuals may qualify to complete a TB Risk Assessment Form instead of a TB skin test. This form must be completed by a healthcare provider - please work with your provider to see if this is an option for you.
Field Trip Volunteering
What do I need to CHAPERONE on a field trip?
All of the requirements for volunteering in a classroom/on campus PLUS:
- Chaperones must be at least 18 years old and must be cleared through the Department of Justice Live Scan. The Live Scan is a one-time event and is not transferable from other agencies — for as long as your child is enrolled at CCDS or the CCDS Preschool. Please visit these websites for local Live Scan services: Blue Oak Mobile Live Scan, Advantage Mobile Live Scan, Capital Live Scan, or the UPS Store on Mangrove Avenue.
- A completed Chaperone Field Trip Participation Form is required per field trip. This will be distributed by your child’s teacher.
What do I need to DRIVE on a field trip?
All of the requirements for being a chaperone PLUS:
- Volunteers must be 21 years old or over and possess a valid California Driver’s License.
- A complete Volunteer Driver Form, which will include a copy of your driver's license and a copy of your current insurance policy declaration page.
- Study Trip Procedures Form must be reviewed and signed
How to Complete Volunteer Forms
In an effort to reduce paper waste, all of our volunteer forms are digital. All forms will be linked here once our volunteer restrictions are lifted. Check back soon!
Throughout the year we have a variety of fundraisers that cannot be put together without help from our families. Check out what we have going on below and let us know where you can plug in to help us!
A fun fall family event that takes place at the end of October with game booths, great food and learning activities!
A great day of jogging that the entire school takes part in. Your child(ren) will seek donations before the event and then jog/walk laps with their class.
Auction for Excellence
This is our biggest fundraiser of the year! Please stay tuned for more details on the 2022 Auction for Excellence.
Corporate Programs that Support CCDS
With these programs and the power of YOU, our school earns cash rewards when you do what you do anyway - SHOP!
Box Tops for Education: Please clip those little "Box Tops for Education" coupons found on many products (i.e. Kleenex, yogurt, cereal). Turn them into the envelope in your child’s classroom. Every year the CCDS PTP garners at least $500 through this simple program.
AmazonSmile - Shop and earn money! Click here and designate CCDS to receive a percentage of each purchase on AmazonSmile.
If you shop at Office Depot, give them code 70006675 and CCDS will get rewards.