Here at CCDS there are all kinds of ways to support your student and our school. We value participation from our CCDS parents and we know that each of you has different strengths and skills to offer so we want to plug you into an area that you will enjoy. You can be involved in your child’s education and the CCDS community benefits too! It’s a win-win!
Parent/Teacher Partnership (PTP)
The PTP is our parent organization that formed as a conduit for assisting teachers and administration in the organization of our parent force for the overall good of our school community. The parent community elects PTP officers once a year, and this leadership group facilitates community activities, such as Harvest Fair, New Parent Welcome, 100th Day of School Celebration, and family nights at various local restaurants, among many others. PTP plays an important role in facilitating a healthy and happy school community!
Officers for the 2018-2019 School Year are:
- President: Kerry Hermann
- Vice President: Maci Wise
- Secretary: Courtney Webb
- Treasurer: Linda Patterson
- Information Officer - Sydney Petyo
- Committee Outreach Coordinator - Sheri Espinoza
- Committee Officer - Charity Chain
- School Representative: Colly Fischer
GENERAL PTP MEETINGS
PTP is hosting four General PTP Meetings this year for parents to discuss various topics, such as curriculum, fundraisers, or any issues that have arisen that parents would like addressed. Often the Principal speaks on a topic or a teacher or class visits to discuss what is going on in the classroom. Our 2019-2020 schedule is as follows for PTP:
- September 10 - 8:30-9:30 a.m./6:30-7:30 p.m.
- October 8 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- January 28 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- March 31 - 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Click here to join our Facebook page!
Click here to join our Free Source Page.
This is a group for our CCDS community to pool resources to support our school. It is called Free-Source because all things offered are to be for the benefit of the school at no charge. If you are a teacher/staff member, please post anything you might need for your class or kiddos and see if someone here has what you might need! If you are a parent or community member...if you have something you can offer to our teachers/school/students please post it! It can be anything from left over yarn, to your technology or grant writing skills, or even your contact at NASA who would be willing to Skype with the kids.....We sometimes don't even know what we might be able to utilize until it is offered to us! Help us build a community!!
Volunteering at CCDS is an excellent way to be involved in the education of your child in a way that also benefits the operation of the school. Volunteers can do a range of work from preparing homework packets to tutoring small groups, running stations in the primary grades, making phone calls, etc. Individual classrooms teachers determine their need for classroom support by volunteers. Below are answers to frequently asked questions regarding volunteering at CCDS.
Working in the Classroom
What do I need to work in the classroom?
- Signed Affidavit which certifies that you have not been charged with or convicted of a violent or serious felony crimes as defined in CA ED. Code 45222.1 This is included in the Parent Handbook confirmation which can be completed through the Parent Portal. You may also come by the main office for a hard copy.
- Negative test for tuberculosis within the past 4 years. Certificate must be on file in the school office. See above for more information.
- Statement of Confidentiality must be reviewed and signed. This is included in the Parent Handbook confirmation which can be completed through the Parent Portal. You may also come by the main office for a hard copy.
Field Trip Volunteering
If you plan to volunteer by driving or chaperoning on a field trip, you will need to download and complete the forms below. Chaperones not driving need not fill out the Driver's Application form.
Volunteering Fact Sheet 2019-2020
2019-2020 Driver's Application
2019-20 Study Trip Procedures
Affidavit Affirming No Criminal Record/ Statement of Confidentiality Form
What do I need to drive on a field trip?
- Volunteers must be 21 years old or over and possess a valid California Driver’s License, a copy of which will be on file in the school office.
- A copy of your current insurance policy declaration page with required limits of liability, name and current date of expiration on file in the school office. Required limits of liability are listed on the Field Trip Driver’s Application. This can be faxed to (530) 895-2646 by your insurance company.
- Be cleared through the Department of Justice Live Scan. The Live Scan is a one-time event and is not transferable from other agencies — for as long as your child is enrolled at CCDS or the CCDS Preschool.
Chico State Information Center- Pick up Live Scan form in the CCDS main office which has our account information. Take completed form to Chico State Information Center (898-4636) located at 2nd Street and Normal Avenue. Live scan services are provided on a walk-in basis, Please call to confirm times they are open.
Blue Oak Mobile Live Scan – Provides on-site live scan services and will come to your home.Cost is $67 with a $5 donation back to CCDS.For an appointment, call (530)387-4540.
- Negative test for tuberculosis within the past four years. Certificate must be on file in the school office. If you need to have a skin test completed, we recommend Paramex, which is located at the corner of E. 5th Avenue and Sherman. Tests are available on a walk-in basis M- W and are $30. TB Test must be renewed every four years. There is also a TB Assessment Form which can be completed by your Healthcare Provider. The form is available in the school office.
- Completed Parent Field Trip Driver Application.
- Study Trip Procedures must be reviewed and signed.
- Statement of Confidentiality must be reviewed and signed. A hard copy is available in the main office.
- Completed Chaperone Field Trip Participation Form filled out per field trip. This will be handed out by your child’s teacher.
What do I need to chaperone on a field trip?
- Chaperones must be 18 years old or over must cleared through the Department of Justice Live Scan. See above for more information.
- Negative test for tuberculosis within the past four years. See above for more information.
- Completed Chaperone Field Trip Participation Form per field trip. This will be handed out by your child’s teacher.
- Statement of Confidentiality must be reviewed and signed.
Throughout the year we have a variety of fundraisers that cannot be put together without help from our families. Check out what we have going on below and let us know where you can plug in to help us!
A fun fall family event that takes place at the end of October with game booths, great food and learning activities!
A great day of jogging that the entire school takes part in. Your child(ren) will seek donations before the event and then jog/walk laps with their class.
Auction for Excellence
This is our biggest fundraiser of the year every spring. The Auction for Excellence will take place at the Butte Creek Country Club on April 13. Planning is underway for a wonderful evening for the parents and staff at CCDS. Enjoy great food and drink, and donate to our school through a fantastic auction of a variety items, including popular classroom projects that are works of art.
Corporate Programs that Support CCDS
With these programs and the power of YOU, our school earns cash rewards when you do what you do anyway - SHOP!
Box Tops for Education: Please clip those little "Box Tops for Education" coupons found on many products (i.e. Kleenex, yogurt, cereal). Turn them into the envelope in your child’s classroom. Every year the CCDS PTP garners at least $500 through this simple program.
AmazonSmile - Shop and earn money! Click here and designate CCDS to receive a percentage of each purchase on AmazonSmile.
If you shop at Office Depot, give them code 70006675 and CCDS will get rewards.