Working in the Classroom or On Campus
What do I need to work on campus or in the classroom?
- A signed Affidavit Confirming No Criminal Record, which certifies that you have not been charged with or convicted of a violent or serious felony crime as defined in CA ED. Code 45222.1
- A signed Statement of Confidentiality
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- A negative test for tuberculosis within the past 4 years. Certificate must be on file in the school office. If you need to have a skin test completed, we recommend Paramex Screening Services - please visit their website for more information. A TB Test must be renewed every four years. Individuals may qualify to complete a TB Risk Assessment Form instead of a TB skin test. This form must be completed by a healthcare provider - please work with your provider to see if this is an option for you.
Field Trip Volunteering
What do I need to CHAPERONE on a field trip?
All of the requirements for volunteering in a classroom/on campus PLUS:
- Chaperones must be at least 18 years old and must be cleared through the Department of Justice Live Scan. The Live Scan is a one-time event and is not transferable from other agencies — for as long as your child is enrolled at CCDS or the CCDS Preschool. Please refer to THIS DOCUMENT for more information and to download the Live Scan form
- A completed Chaperone Field Trip Participation Form is required per field trip. This will be distributed by your child’s teacher.
What do I need to DRIVE on a field trip?
All of the requirements for being a chaperone PLUS:
- Volunteers must be 21 years old or over and possess a valid California Driver’s License.
- A complete Volunteer Driver Form, which will include a copy of your driver's license and a copy of your current insurance policy declaration page.
- Study Trip Procedures Form must be reviewed and signed
How to Complete Volunteer Forms
In an effort to reduce paper waste, all of our volunteer forms are digital. Click on each of these links to get started:
- Statement of Confidentiality; Affidavit Confirming No Criminal Record; & Study Trip Procedures (3 forms in one link): https://forms.gle/P2KSBXNxqg9r3aQU8
- COVID Vaccine Requirement: https://forms.gle/2RTrpkfwUTjC9DHn6
- Proof of Negative TB test: https://forms.gle/T1vHCvzpMzTfFF8C7
- Volunteer Driver Form: https://forms.gle/7RHnDWJpA2qAmrbP6
- Notification of LiveScan Submission: https://forms.gle/6UKGbmW8An8gcPzC6
Questions? Contact Stacy Ferguson at email@example.com with any questions regarding our volunteer process.