Middle School Sports
CCDS is proud to have a great athletic program. If you have questions, please contact Mike O'Connor, CCDS Athletic Director.
The Sports Release must be completed by all members of the CCDS Teams. These will be handed out before cross-country season begins, and before volleyball and basketball tryouts. The sports release must be returned at tryouts.
Volleyball season takes place in the fall of each school year! This is a co-ed program open to 6th-8th graders. This year Chas Konopka and Pamela Wilson will lead the Eagles.
Beginning August 19, practices will be from 3:15-5:15 p.m., Monday through Thursday, on the days there are no games.
Please refer to the Middle School Volleyball Sports Policy below. More information will be coming to families through e-fliers.
Cross Country Program
The CCDS Cross Country Running Program is for 6th-8th grade boys and girls. Please check our eflyer for more information.
Cross Country Calendar Schedule 2019-2020
Jordan Williams, Chris Nixon and Jason Pezzetti are the CCDS coaches the boys and girls basketball teams.
Girls Basketball Tryouts - Oct. 2 and 3, 5-6:30 p.m.
Boys Basketball Tryouts - Dec. 3 and 4, 6:30-8 p.m.
*Please note that tryouts are closed. Parents are to drop their kids off and pick them up at the conclusion of the tryout.
8th Grade Girls Basketball Team
7th Grade Girls Basketball Team
7th Grade Boys Basketball Team
8th Grade Boys Basketball Team
See calendar below for game schedule.
CCDS Interscholastic Sports Eligibility
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and not have any failing marks
- Grade checks will commence when a sport begins. Following grade checks will be on the last day of each calendar month.
- Probationary status means that a student is still on the team and must attend all practices, but is ineligible to participate in competitions until the student is academically eligible.
- After a two week probation, if a student is still ineligible, it is the coach’s discretion as to how long the athlete will remain on the team.
- If an athlete begins a semester after completing the previous semester below a 2.0 or with any failing marks (including the previous school year), he/she will be placed on an Academic Contract and will have grades checked every two weeks for the duration of the season and must remain academically eligible.
- Coaches/Athletic Director may give a grade/behavior check at any time. If the results are not satisfactory, this may affect play time.