Middle School Sports
CCDS is proud to offer an athletic program for our 6-8th grade students, led by coach Michael Brown. The CCDS Eagles are proud competitors in volleyball, basketball and cross country. If you have questions on our sports programs, please contact our Athletic Directory, Mike O'Connor.
A Sports Release and Athletic Waiver must be submitted annually for each sport your student participate in. These forms will be made available prior to each sports season, and can be returned to the middle school office or to your coach directly.
Volleyball season takes place in the fall of each school year. This is a co-ed program open to 6th-8th graders. This year Pamela Wilson and Amber Ghidossi will lead the Eagles.
Please refer to the Middle School Volleyball Sports Policy below.
Cross Country Program
The CCDS Cross Country Running Program is for 6th-8th grade boys and girls. Practice begins on Wednesday, 9/1 from 4:00-5:00 pm at the One Mile Recreation area. Practices will be held every Monday-Thursday until races begin on September 22. At that point, practices will continue to be on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Races will be on Wednesdays.
Jordan Williams, Chris Nixon and Jason Pezzetti coach the boys and girls basketball teams. Please check this webpage and our weekly newsletters for more information on our upcoming season.
CCDS Interscholastic Sports Eligibility
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and not have any failing marks
- Grade checks will commence when a sport begins. Following grade checks will be on the last day of each calendar month.
- Probationary status means that a student is still on the team and must attend all practices, but is ineligible to participate in competitions until the student is academically eligible.
- After a two week probation, if a student is still ineligible, it is the coach’s discretion as to how long the athlete will remain on the team.
- If an athlete begins a semester after completing the previous semester below a 2.0 or with any failing marks (including the previous school year), he/she will be placed on an Academic Contract and will have grades checked every two weeks for the duration of the season and must remain academically eligible.
- Coaches/Athletic Director may give a grade/behavior check at any time. If the results are not satisfactory, this may affect play time.