Ruth Greenfield leads our music program and CCDS offers both classroom music as well as options for music beyond the school day. Students learn how to sing together, the basics of rhythm, learn musical vocabulary and appreciation and will grow to more advanced listening and musical analysis. Middle Schoolers have the opportunity to choose music and theater electives in the fall and spring, including theater games, skits, short scenes, technical theater design projects and backstage, sets and costume crews for the Spring Musical Gala.
Extracurricular Music Opportunities
After School Choral Program 2019-2020
Choir ~ Ruth Greenfield, Director
Choir - open to 2nd grade and up (no experience required)
- Tuesday mornings 7:40-8:25 a.m. (music room) and/or
- Thursday, 3-3:45 p.m. (library)
Suggested donation: $30/month
Concert Choir - open to 5th through 8th graders
- Mondays, 3-4 p.m. (music room)
- Wednesdays, 3-4 p.m. (MS Common Area)
- Friday mornings, 7:40-8:20 a.m.
Suggested donation for Concert Choir: $50
Please contact Ruth Greenfield at with any questions.
Band Director: Teddy Greenfield
We have three band options depending upon student interests and abilities. All band classes are open to 5th grade and up.
- Beginning Band -no experience necessary.
- Concert Band - previous band experience preferred
- Symphonic Band - Talk to Mr. Teddy to see if this is right for you.
Sign-up for Band - All Bands
Instrument Choice Form- Beginning Band only
Weekly Band Schedule
|Beginning Band meets Wednesday and Friday||4:00-5:00 p.m..|
|Concert Band meets Wednesday and Friday||2:55-3:55 p.m.|
|Symphonic Band meets Tuesday and Thursday||2:55-4:15 p.m.|
Suggested donation is $50 per month