Who We Are
Chico Country Day School (CCDS), a public charter school, was founded in 1996 by local teachers, parents and community members. Beginning as a dependent charter school of Chico Unified School District, CCDS became an independent 501(c)(3) corporation and charter school in 2004. CCDS is proud to be fully accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Visit our WASC page for more information.
About Our School
CCDS has created a learning environment where children become literate, cultured, life-long learners who strive for academic excellence. Through a united school, parent and community effort, CCDS emphasizes social consciousness and responsibility to a democratic society, self-confidence and compassion, and appreciation and respect for the natural world.
The faculty, staff, families, students, and Board of Directors of Chico Country Day School is a community of learners in pursuit of an excellent education for all children. CCDS is a school based on the belief that the family is the child’s first and most important teacher.
- We connect - At CCDS we know our students well. We have an unwavering belief in each students in developing a learner-centered approch
- We engage - We engage students with our rigorous standards-based curriculum. Our Project-based Learning approach maximizes learning with student-designed projects. Each student is involved in vital problem-solving, design, investigation, collaboration, and decision-making processes. This process guides the learning and culminates with presentation at school-wide or community exhibitions.
- We build character - We believe in personal responsiblity and the relationship between strong character values and success. Life skills, our character education program, is an integral part of the CCDS academic program.
- We innovate - Our teachers work in interdisciplinary teams to design our curriculum. Using technology, art and music, the core subjects are thoughtfully woven together to connect students to the real world. Our teachers participate in a robust professional development program to maintain knowledge of current educational best practices.
Our Charter School was established in 1996 and the CCDS Charter was revised and most recently unanimously renewed in March of 2015. Our Charter sets out the goals, methods, structure and philosophy which guide our school.
Charter Petition Renewal 2015-2020 and 2015 Self-Review
- Click here to download the Chico Country Day School Charter, approved for renewal on March 25, 2015.