Board of Directors
Board members have a tremendous opportunity to invest their time and energy in a cause that has transformative power: education. Serving on our Board of Directors is a meaningful opportunity to contribute and offer new or different viewpoints and experiences. Boards need diverse perspectives and voices!
About our Board
The CCDS Board of Directors meets quarterly throughout the school year. The meeting agenda for these regular meetings are posted in the school office window and on the CCDS website 72 hours in advance. If the need for a special meeting arises, the agenda will be posted in the school office window and on the CCDS website 24 hours in advance, in accordance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
You may mail our Board of Directors any time at email@example.com
Below are the scheduled meeting dates for the 2022-23 school year:
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023
- Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Public input on specific agenda items and those items not on the agenda:
The CCDS Board of Directors welcomes and encourages public comments. Any person of the public desiring to speak shall be allowed to speak during public comment time and has the option of speaking once on any agenda item when it is being discussed. Speaking time shall generally be limited to three minutes, unless a longer period is permitted by the Board Chair.
If you have special needs because of a disability, which makes it difficult for you to participate in the meeting, or you require assistance or auxiliary aids to participate in the meeting, please contact the CCDS office at 530.895.2650. CCDS will attempt to accommodate your disability.
Responsibilities of Board Members
TERM: Three years if elected by the Board, (or if in the case of filling a vacancy, the remainder of the term being filled). Two time renewal.
STRUCTURE: The board should have a membership that includes diversity in the areas of age, ethnicity, gender, experience, and knowledge.
Functions of the Board of Directors:
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives
- Establish policies
- Participate in the strategic planning process
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Approve annual budget and monitor financial management
- Approve special funding projects
- Approve new projects and programs
- Establish financial policy
- Participate in evaluation of the school and of the Executive Director and Principal
- Elect officers and nominate candidates to fill vacancies on the Board
- Amend bylaws of organization, as necessary.
- Specific Responsibilities of Board Members
- Attend all regular and special meetings of the Board
- Attend committee meetings as necessary
- Attend Board retreat
- Attend events such as the Annual Auction
- General Responsibilities of Board Members
- Provide leadership and discussion in board deliberations
- Be conversant about CCDS
- Be in a position to support policy and programs in informal settings
- Effectively communicate the school's success and programs
- Be politically aware in regard to charter school issues
- Actively engage in school fundraising
- Directors should not interpret school policy in self interest or use their position for personal gain.
- No director can legally obligate the school.
- Directors should not usurp authority of school administration