At CCDS we want you to know what our philosophy of teaching and learning is so you know if we are the right fit for your family.
We believe that students learn best when they are learning in the style that is best for them.
Because of that we focus on structuring Project Based Learning classrooms, where teachers are facilitators of student learning. We believe the role of the teacher cannot be just delivering content. Instead, teachers and students should be working together in a learning journey, sharing in the overall vision for the goals of a project while developing engaging projects.
We talk about having “Student-Led” learning because at CCDS, students have a voice in their learning and student choice is available through the projects in multiple ways.
- We believe that education should both engage the student and build their character
- We believe in innovation and not maintaining the status quo
- We believe the best learning environment is one where each student’s needs are addressed
- We believe in being good to each other and doing work that matters
- We believe that everyone is a learner, including teachers, students, staff and parents
- We believe in the power of community and collaboration
- We believe in celebrating successes
- We believe in taking risks even when you fail, because failing is a key part of learning
- We believe in preparing students to meet the world they will enter as adults