COVID-19 Resources & Information
How to Report a COVID-19 Exposure OR
Submit COVID-19 Related Questions
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to report a COVID-19 exposure, or to submit general COVID-19 questions.
If you have a known or suspected exposure, or if your student is displaying COVID-19 symptoms, please submit THIS FORM and a CCDS staff member will contact you as soon as possible.
On-Campus COVID Testing for Students
CCDS has limited capacity to provide free and voluntary on-campus COVID-19 testing for students who have been exposed to COVID-19. This testing opportunity is provided by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) in conjunction with Primary Health for students enrolled at CCDS. CDPH will determine the duration and funding of the program.
Interested in Utilizing On-Campus COVID-19 Testing for Your Student?
- Register your student once: Click this link to register your student and give your consent to test.
- Testing is completely voluntary and offered as a service to help students who have been exposed to someone who tests positive for COVID.
- Once registered, you will not need to complete the registration process for your student again during the 2021-22 school year.
Additional COVID-19 Testing Locations
Daily Wellness Checks Begin at Home
Parents should perform a wellness check daily before leaving for school. Due to the high number of COVID cases being reported in Butte County, we ask that you keep your student(s) home if they have ANY symptoms of illness. We need everyone's help to keep our campus safe and open during this COVID surge. As always, if your child needs to be absent please email the appropriate office staff as soon as possible with full details of your student's symptoms and when they started.
- Remember, temperatures must be under 100.4 without the use of fever reducing medication (such as Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc.) for 24 hours before students can return to school.
- Screen your child daily for potential COVID-19 symptoms, which include:
∙ Cough (new onset)
∙ Difficulty Breathing
∙ New Loss of Taste or Smell
∙ Nasal Congestion
∙ Runny Nose
∙ Muscle or Body Aches
∙ Shortness of Breath
- Facial Covering Guidance & Protocols - As of March 12, 2022, masks in schools is a recommendation, not a requirement. Please refer to this guidance from the California Department of Public Health
- Butte County Public Health Department - BCPH developed community resources to assist families with potential COVID-19 Exposures.
CCDS COVID-19 Dashboard
All confirmed positive COVID-19 incidents related to Chico Country Day School and offices will be posted to this dashboard.
Dashboard Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How often is the Dashboard updated?
A: The Dashboard is updated at least every 5-7 days and when we are notified of confirmed cases by the public health department. We set Fridays as an update day.
Q: I received a notification from my school about a case. Why isn't it on the dashboard yet?
A: CCDS does not wait to notify close contacts upon initial report of a positive case. However, we do wait for official confirmation from the public health department before listing the case on this dashboard. This could result in a delay of cases appearing on this dashboard or a discrepancy between the number of notifications received and actual number of confirmed cases (when the case is not confirmed positive by public health).
Q: Who receives notification if there is a positive case?
A: Three different types of notifications go out: one to close contacts with any relevant quarantine or testing requirements or recommendations, one to the classroom or cohort, and one to the larger school community.